Time to Read: 0m 0s
When warehouses take the time to explore innovative ways to reduce waste and optimize flow, the benefits cannot only be bottom-line friendly, but as well as eco-friendly! If you are looking to make your warehouse greener with a modest investment, here are some effective ways you can make your operations more eco-friendly:
- Replace batt insulation with more efficient loose fill or spray foam insulation.
- Replace existing metal halide light fixtures with fluorescent lights, which use 50% less energy.
- Install solar light tubes to increase natural lighting.
- Change from ceiling lights to tasking lighting that is closer to the workers.
- Install light motion sensors in appropriate areas, so lights are only one when needed, and off when not.
- Install programmable thermostats to control warehouse temperature.
- Cool your roof by painting it with a highly-reflective paint, to help reduce the amount of building heat absorption.
- Install destratification fans to help direct heat downward.