Plastic Wine Barrels
These Plastic Bulk Wine Barrels help improve wine maturation vessel breathing at a much lower cost than oak barrels, without leaking; and because of their smooth plastic construction, can be easily clean. This saves wine makers valuable time and money without jeopardizing the quality of the wine.
These bulk containers are a two piece system that consist of an round inner plastic barrel that provides superior structural integrity and dimensional spacing, while eliminating harmful air space; and an outer heavy duty plastic stacking frame that provides stacking strength of up to 3-4 high when full, while protecting the inner barrel.
Their unique design makes them virtually impermeable to water and alcohol vapors, eliminating the leaking and routine topping requirements that oak barrel maturation requires, and allow valuable oxygen molecules to permeate the barrel's sidewall.
Available in three sizes - all have a 46"x46" foot print, with three height options 54" (240 glns), 62" (300 glns) and 70" (360 glns).
These bulk containers are made from 100% FDA compliant materials, and are easy to clean and sanitize before and after use, because of it's one piece interior construction. Oak barrels over time will require routine repair and have maintenance costs that these barrels will not.
Their best feature is that they provide superior wine maturation, at half the acquisition cost of their oak barrels counterparts, but have an indefinite lifespan.
Features & Benefits for Plastic Bulk Wine Barrels: (click to view)
- 100% FDA compliant polyethylene construction is virtually maintenance free and can be easily cleaned and sanitized.
- Seamless, homogenous plastic inner barrel naturally matures wine by permeating the air's oxygen at a similar rate as an oak barrel would.
- Heavy duty, premium plastic stacking frame.
- Large sanitary lid opening - recessed design minimizes internal air space when closed, and when open provides complete interior tank access.
- 2" bung fill opening within large lid, reduces air space to a minimum, and can also be used to install racking, ferment vent valve and other accessories.
- Sanitary bottom valve connection drains domed bottom completely and helps facilitate thorough clean out of barrel. Available in 1.5", 2" and 3" sizes.
- Wood planks, chips or powder can be inserted to flavor, reducing the risk of over oaking.
- Three sizes available - 4, 5 and 6 barrel.
- 4-way forklift / 2-way pallet jack entry.
- 100% Recyclable.
Options for Plastic Bulk Wine Barrels: (click to view)
- Sanitary valves, closures and gaskets.
- 1.5", 2 and 3" bottom valve connection options.
- Sampling tap that is protected by outer frame support.