Plastic pallets are an exceptional addition to any business which does a lot of shipping. Not only are they sturdy and dependable, but they’re ideal for quickly transporting a large amount of product at once; they’re great for moving onto trucks or train cars in rapid succession.
They also come in a far wider variety than wooden pallets do. There are rackable or stackable pallets that are optimized for easy storage. Even fast-locking models which can snap into place beside one another to create custom sized pallets and fire-retardant pallets that are ideal for high-heat environments.
Not to mention that plastic pallets preserve wood that would otherwise be wasted after only a few uses. Overall, you’ll find that plastic pallets last a lot longer than your normal wooden ones.
Export Plastic Pallets are ideal for “one way” shipments and are an inexpensive alternative to treated/fumigated wood pallets which are costly, time consuming, and DO NOT ASSURE the goods will be accepted by the E.C. countries.
These plastic skids will not harbor pests and accordingly are not required to be fumigated, like wood pallets are in some countries. This eliminates the risk of being refused entry by customs.
They are lightweight (ideal for air cargo shipments), fully nestable for space savings, and ergonomically friendly as they are made from recycled material and therefore are 100% recyclable.
Applications Ideal for Export Plastic Pallets:
- Health and beauty care
- Food Processing
Features of Plastic Export Pallets:
- Nestable, single face plastic export pallet.
- Made from black recycled Non-FDA approved material.
- Plastic skid flow-thru design allows for easy cleaning.
- Lightweight yet durable.
- 4-way pallet jack and forklift entry.
- 100% recyclable.
Benefits of Plastic Export Pallets:
- Help avoid problems clearing customs.
- Plastic skid alternative to costly treated wood pallets.
- Reduces possible product damage from breakdown of pallet – water & weather resistant (won’t absorb water), won’t warp, dent, chip, splinter, rot or rust.
- Consistent Tare Weight.
- 100% Recyclable.
Nestable Plastic Pallets are perfect for moving, storing and distributing product while protecting it until it reaches it final destination. When empty, they can offer up to a 4 to 1 nesting ratio, reducing costs by saving warehouse and shipping space.
Stackable Plastic Pallets can be easily cleaned making them ideal for a variety of environments including food, beverage, and pharmaceutical, and come in vented and solid styles, as well as a variety of materials including FDA-approved or fire retardant, depending on your specific needs.
Top 9 Reasons to Consider Stackable Plastic Pallets: (click to view)
Rackable Plastic Pallets are designed to be used with a wide variety of unsupported racking systems to store product and optimize valuable storage and floor space.
These easily cleanable rackable plastic pallets come in vented and solid styles and can be made in a variety of materials including FDA-approved or fire retardant, depending on your specific needs.
Top 9 Reasons to Consider Stackable Plastic Pallets:
- Your typical product loads are extremely heavy.
- You often stack-load product in your operation.
- You can’t afford costly automated system downtime caused by wood pallets.
- You frequently convey pallets in your facility, so the pallet height and bottom deck surface is important.
- Preventing product contamination is a priority.
- Product loads are weighed frequently for inventory control.
- Hassle-free cleanability is important to you.
- You are experiencing high hidden costs of wood pallets (repair, disposal, sorting, etc.)
- Your insurance company recommends fire-retardant pallets.
Because traditional wooden pallets are costly and removal fees are increasing, it’s becoming more economical to use stronger, reusable plastic pallets that can survive more than a single trip or two. Plastic pallets offer a more sanitary solution if your business deals with food processing or shipments to and from overseas as well.
This will eventually translate into better business for you, too, since they can take more weight for longer periods of time and are more accepted when shipping internationally than their wooden cousins. If your business does a lot of shipping, think about what improvements plastic pallets could bring to your bottom line. There are all kinds of potential signs to notice that can indicate that it’s time to make the switch.
Eight Signs that Plastic Pallets May be Right for You
- Your application has sanitation requirements.
- Pallet replacement and disposal costs are high or increasing.
- Your expendable packaging costs are high.
- Pallet splinters and protruding nails are a problem.
- Substandard pallets are a frequent cause of equipment jams.
- Pallet repair is becoming your second business.
- Import shipments are delayed because of insect problems.
- Your pallet costs are increasing.
Benefits of Plastic Pallets:
- In the last few decades, companies have converted from wood pallets to plastic pallets because they are quickly recognizing the economic, ergonomic and environmental benefits that they offer:
- Economic – In a closed loop system, plastic pallets make a tremendous number of trips before being recycled. On a cost per trip basis, they represent great savings over wood pallets. They rapidly realize their initial investment and continue to perform during the course of their service life.
- Ergonomic – Plastic pallets provide a safe and comfortable handling solution, which improves workplace safety. They are dimensionally stable, consistent in weight and non-porous. In some cases, they are lighter than wood and their smooth and contoured construction is free of nails, splinters and rust.
- Environmental – Using plastic preserves natural resources, while reducing waste. Wood pallets consume precious natural resources; up to 10 million trees are cut each year to produce wood pallets. When retired from service, wood pallets are sent to landfills. Plastic pallets offer a much longer life and can be recycled into other useful products at the end of their service life.
- Reduction in Product Damage due to plastic pallets durability, consistent support, and smooth molded design. They will not warp, shrink or change mass over time.
Reduction in Work Injuries – plastic pallets are lightweight and easy-to-handle and no splinters, nails, broken boards, etc. to deal with.
- Improved Sanitation – most chemicals, etc will not compromise the integrity of plastic pallets, they do not absorb moisture or support the growth of mold, mildew or fungus. Plastic pallets do not harbor or insects, approving these plastic export pallets for export use.