HIGH DENISTY LAST IN, FIRST OUT STORAGE
Push Back Pallet Racking Systems operate similarly to pallet flow racking in that they are also designed to utilize the natural force of gravity to move the pallets within the system, but that is where the similarities end. Push back rack works by placing pallet loads on a series of nesting carts that are fed forward by gravity on rigid structural steel rails.
ALL ABOUT PUSH BACK RACKING
As a pallet is loaded from the front of the rack system onto a nesting cart, it pushes the pallet behind it back one position. The reverse happens when you unload the front pallet, the pallet behind it will automatically move forward to the front picking position.
This type of system is called Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) inventory management. Typical systems can store pallets 2-6 deep, with front-only loading and unloading from a single aisle. Unlike Drive-In pallet rack, the driver never enters the pallet rack system, and each lane, and each level, flow independently of each other, allowing you to store a variety of SKUs without disturbing product in the other lanes.
Push back rack systems can be installed against a wall and operated as a single-sided system or located in the middle of an area and operated as a double-sided system. Due to each lane flowing independently, push back pallet racking allows you to store more pallets, but with better selectivity than drive-in pallet rack. Compared to standard selective pallet rack, push back racking can save you up to 90% storage space.
The main component of push back pallet racking is the carts. The carts are moved along the inclined rails by gravity, with the rails being adjustable vertically to control the pitch.The carts nest on top of each other and slide back one pallet position when a new pallet is added, and slide forward one position when one is unloaded. Each pallet has its own cart, with the last pallet resting on the rails running the length of the bay. Each cart is equipped with four wheels allowing them to flow smoothly along the rails.
As each pallet is unloaded, all pallets behind glide forward gently until they come to rest on the rubber bumpers at the front of the pallet rack system.
With the LIFO stock rotation of push back pallet racking systems being automatic and the pallet loads easily accessible, push back is an ideal high occupancy storage application.
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF PUSH BACK PALLET RACKING
- The system is optimally used for LIFO (last in, first out) storage
- Increase storage density up to 100%
- High density storage utilizes warehouse space with fewer aisles.
- Larger number of SKUs can be efficiently stored
- Gravity flow pallet picking system
- Carts with wheels allow pallets to easy flow downward to picking position
- Low profile, nesting cart system allows for maximum storage height.
- Each lane and each level operate independently
- Commonly configured 2,3,4,5 or 6 pallets deep in each lane (12 for back to back rows)
- Quick, immediate access to every product
- Quick and easy loading and unloading of pallets
- Faster and safer than drive-in style racks
- Forklifts never have to enter the system, decreasing the chances of rack damage
- Specialized lift trucks not required
PUSH BACK PALLET RACK IS IDEAL FOR:
- Multiple number of SKUs
- Medium turnover products with 2 or more pallets per SKU
- Can have multiple lanes of same product with different dates
LET US DESIGN THE PERFECT PALLET RACK SYSTEM FOR YOU
We look forward to partnering with you to design and install the ideal pallet racking system to meet your long term storage needs.CONTACT US TODAY