HIGH DENSITY STORAGE UTILIZES WAREHOUSE SPACE WITH FEWER AISLES
Pallet Flow Pallet Racking Systems, also known as gravity flow rack, are designed to utilize the natural force of gravity to move the pallet load into picking position, so it can be accessed by the forklift operator. Pallets are loaded from one side of the pallet rack and selected from the other. Once loaded, the pallet flows downward, without much effort, to the unloading end. From there the forklift operator can easily take the pallet to the desired location. With the pallets being able to be loaded from the back end and unloaded from the front, it allows racking to be filled with pallets with fewer aisles needed.
The pallet racks are sloped and equipped with metal skate wheels. When the heavy pallets are loaded they glide forward on the wheels, courtesy of their weight and inclination of the racks, to the front picking position, coming to rest on pallet stops that prevent them from flowing out of the system. As each load is removed from the front, the next pallet load behind moves forward automatically, ready to be retrieved from the picking aisle. The first pallet you load on the rack is the first one out on the picking aisle. This first in, first out inventory retrieval system, also known as FIFO, is perfect for perishable items that are date-sensitive.
Pallet Flow pallet racking systems allow for back-to-back storage of pallets that leads to maximum space utilization of your existing warehouse space. There is no limit on the depth of the pallet lanes as they can easily be designed to store as many as 20 pallets deep and many levels high.
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF PALLET FLOW PALLET RACKING
- Gravity flow pallet picking system.
- Heavy duty skate wheels allow pallets to easy flow downward to picking position.
- Allows for quick and efficient inventory turnover.
- High density storage utilizes warehouse space with fewer aisles.
- Can store as many as 20 pallets deep and multiple levels high.
- Quick, immediate access to every product.
- Able to accommodate full pallet loads.
COMMON TYPES OF PALLET FLOW LANES
FULL WIDTH ROLLERS
Ideal for when you are use wood pallet, and in systems that have short lanes.
SKATE WHEEL ROLLERS
Commonly used when storing multiple pallet sizes.
PALLET FLOW PALLET RACK IS IDEAL FOR:
- Fast moving product with first in, first out stock rotation.
- Rotating perishables or date-sensitive inventory.
- Limited number of SKUs.
- Limited selectivity.
- Full case picking.
- Areas where palletized loads are handled:
- Perishable Good Warehouses.
- Food Distribution Centers.
- High-Volume Consumer Goods Centers.
- Freezer Warehouses.
- Dispatch Areas where pallets need to be removed quickly.
LET US DESIGN THE PERFECT PALLET RACK SYSTEM FOR YOU
We look forward to partnering with you to design and install the ideal pallet racking system to meet your long term storage needs.CONTACT US TODAY