Time to Read: 0m 0s
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE The term "Reusable Plastic Containers" also known as RPC's, is commonly used to refer to plastic totes, trays, boxes, sleeves and bulk containers. These plastics bins are quickly replacing paper corrugated boxes in a variety of manufacturing and distribution markets. More than 70% of Fortune 500 companies have now instituted sustainability mandates, many of which include the use of returnable packaging. Advantages of Reusable Plastic Containers (RPC's) over Corrugated Boxes include:
- REUSABLE - RPC's are made to be used over and over with minimal wear, typically lasting from 20 to 100 times, versus a one-time trip with a corrugated boxes.
- DURABLE - RPC's are weather resistant, non-absorbing and more rigid than corrugated boxes.
- SAFE - RPC's do not require the use of box cutters to open them, and there are no sharp edges or other risks to workers.
- RECYCLABLE - RPC's are made of plastic which allows them to be recycled, creating less waste in our environment and landfills; stamps on their bottom sides remind people that they can be recycled.
- SAVINGS - RPC's reduce labor costs and costs per trip, while providing rapid return on investment (ROI).