Time to Read: 0m 0s
Here are 18 reasons why plastic pallets are an economic, ergonomic and environmentally beneficial alternative to wood pallets. Increased Productivity
- Wood splinters and nails from wood pallets can cause hang-ups on pallet jacks, not so with plastic pallets.
- They offer consistent tare weights for shipping that wood pallets can't.
- Many plastic pallets are ideal for closed loop systems as they can be used many times before needing to be recycled, not so with wood pallets.
- They can be stacked neatly, uniformly and higher than wood pallets, saving warehouse space. Some will also nest saving even more space.
- Many plastic pallets can be made from USDA/FDA approved materials for food applications.
- Most chemicals and solvents won’t compromise their integrity; they won’t absorb moisture that can promote the growth of mold, mildew or fungus; or harbor rodents or insects, like wood pallets can.
- Their smooth, and sometimes open deck designs, allow them to be easily cleaned and sanitized, unlike wood pallets.
- Plastic pallets are a more durable, supportive, smooth molded choice over wood pallets, providing a more stable surface to load your product on.
- Wood pallets can warp, dent, chip, splinter, rot or rust over time; resulting in reduced stability which can cause product damage if they fail, not so with plastic pallets.
- There are no nails or missing boards to contend with that can cause product damage, like with wood pallets.
- Unlike wood pallets, they can have a smooth, contoured design, ideal for point of purchase displays, making them more pleasing to customers.
- Plastic pallets are available in colors unlike wood pallets.
- They can be lightweight and easy to handle.
- Plastic pallets do not have splinters, nails or broken board to contend with that can cause problems and/or injuries.
- Their increased stability allows for better stackability, reducing the risk of injury due to pallet failure that can sometimes occur with wood pallets.
- Wood pallets are prohibited in some countries because of insect problems, plastic pallets are an inexpensive alternative to fumigated wood pallets which are costly and still don’t guarantee the goods will be accepted.
- You can eliminate costly delays at customs due to rejection of wood pallets.
- Plastic pallets are 100% recyclable, keeping them out of our landfills; and not a single tree is cut down to manufacture them. You can’t say that about wood pallets.